12.20.2012

Spiced Orange Date Balls


Little globes of spiced holiday joy! ...Can I entice you further?  I made these on a whim from an inspiration to use the delicious sun-ripened oranges I got as a thank-you for climbing my neighbor's orange tree to help her get them down before the frost. (Apparently Tucson has about three days of frost a year. Who knew?)

Anyway - please make these. Everyone will love them, and no will will ask where the flour, added sugar, etc are. Bonus - these are paleo and vegan! Perfect for any party.... aaand they freeze well! Seriously. My new favorite dessert/snack/powerfood/littlemorselofhappiness.

Ingredients:
2c pitted dates (any variety)
3/4c shredded coconut, plus 1c for rolling
1c almond flour
1/4c chopped pecans
zest and juice from one small orange, or half a large (naval) orange
1/2 tsp allspice

Pulse everything in a food processor or heavy-duty blender (aka vitamix) until the consistency you like. I like leaving in a few coarse bits :)
Spoon out a little bit and roll in shredded coconut until its a ball-shape. I like little bite-size pieces myself....so I can eat more of them! Omnomnom ^_^


Happy Holidays!!!

2 comments:

  1. Feast is a periodical celebration or time of celebration, usually of a religious nature, commemorating an event, person, etc. We celebrated it to honor, to thank and to be proud of of what we have and what we become as a person or a citizen.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete