9.26.2012

Zucchini Pancakes



These are Far more delicious than I would have imagined, though I shouldn't have doubted since they're an adaption from my Nonna's recipe. 

I substituted pistachio flour for traditional wheat flour, and it's a stunning culinary combination. I swear these are mom approved, kid approved, boyfriend approved, roommate approved...the whole 9 yards!

True to form, these are easy peasy and a snap to make - or make them ahead and pop into a skillet (or the microwave) for a hearty healthy breakfast in seconds! The recipe is easily halved or doubled - as written it makes about 8 hand-sized pancakes.


















Ingredients:
3c Grated zucchini
4 eggs
1/2c nut flour - I used pistachio!
1/4c dried parsley (1/2 if fresh)
1 tsp salt (**omit if nuts were salted)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Heat up your skillet to pancake temperature - on my stove that's about a #4, or medium-low.
Use the best eggs you can find - farm raised eggs or duck eggs just taste so much better! Beat the eggs with the nut flour and spices. Squeeze all the water from the zucchini and mix it into the egg batter. 
Once a drop of water dances across your skillet you're ready to go!
Drop the batter by spoonfuls and flatten them out a bit so the cook through evenly. Flip after 3-4 minutes to  brown on both sides and enjoy!!

Make em big, make em small...either way they're freakin' delicious. 

(I may have eaten the whole batch in a day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment